Wednesday, June 02, 2004

More about social software

Saw a very interesting looking paper this morning about social software. The paper, Distributed Social Software, discussed many of the limitations with much of the current "service-centric" software.

Oh no! I am only just starting to learn about social software and how it can benefit my training design and delivery. Already I am reading there are problems with it. Not to worry. Being aware of the problems is good; by knowing what some of the problems are I can take steps to mitigate them. The key is to not be incapacitated by the problems.

I also came across a new blog intended to describe RSS in some detail. It is by Dave Winer, one of the pioneers of blogging and RSS. It's titled Really Simple Syndication. Although I only saw a few posts Dave should know what he is talking about so it should be worthwhile to check for updates.

I also found an interesting blog site with more information about educational technology. It is Kim Cavanaugh's Brain Frieze. If nothing else you gotta' like the name of the site.

No comments: