Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Getting Started

Today was the first official day of my new class - EDTEC 572, Technologies for Course Delivery. I am looking forward to it. There are two required books for the class. One is Charting Your Course: How to Prepare to Teach More Effectively by Richard Pregent. The other is A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching, and Assessing: A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives by Lorin W. Anderson, et al. Although I have only taken a cursory look at both books I think they will both be good sources of information.

I am taking this class, like a great many of my previous classes, on-line. This will be my fourth class in the MA program at SDSU. I feel like I am starting to learn a few things about Educational Technology. However, two of the biggest things I am learning are how little I know and how much more there is to learn. Even if I could dedicate several years exclusively to my studies I think I would only be able to make a start at learning what I want to learn.

Oh well. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. And...the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So......let's get started.

No comments: