Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Answers for your questions

Below is a copy of a response to another student question from my 572 class.

His question: "One big question I have about participating in an online course/program is how do you emulate the dynamic of an engaged teacher and engaged students in a physical classroom? Is this possible? Can social software like blogs help...I hope to find out."

My response: "I can tell you from much on-line experience (over a dozen courses completed and counting) that having an engaged instructor and fellow students is possible. It does take a great amount of effort though, much more than most give in a traditional F2F class. It is certainly difficult to truly emulate a F2F class on-line. However, things like video conferencing, bulletin boards, and blogs (which I am just starting to learn about) greatly increase the richness of on-line delivery."

No comments: