Tuesday, August 17, 2004

More on learning objects

Below is a copy of my last post to my EDTEC 572 class blog.

In my continued research (hopefully soon ending, at least for my course project) for information about learning objects and SCORM, I found another interesting web site with much good information and links to many other sites of interest. The site is for a Learning Objects Discovery Workshop. In particular, I was interested in the Analysis section since that is what my portion of our project focuses on. Although several of the links do not work, many of them still do. One of the working links is to a tutorial for learning objects. The Learning Object Tutorial web site has several pages of information including some related specifically to SCORM. It also contains links to several more useful sites. Another link will take you to the standards area of the Learnativity.com web site. Once there you will find an interesting article about Learning Objects and Learning Standards that discusses much of the history behind learning objects. The article is somewhat dated (Fall 2000) yet still contains good information. The site also has useful information about learning object resources, acronyms and more. I only had time to look at several of the many links. Nevertheless, the site contains many more useful resources I hope to get to soon. If there were only 48 hours in a day…

No comments: