Thursday, September 20, 2007

First new post

Hello once again. This is my first blog post after an almost two year hiatus. I had found it difficult to keep up with the rigors of writing anything even remotely interesting or useful on any kind of regular basis. Also, I became so busy "working and doing" that I struggled to find opportunity to think and write.


I am still busy working and doing. Nevertheless, I have become acutely aware over the last few months of the real need to somehow fit in time to think and write. As a knowledge worker I feel it is critical that I take time to not only read widely, but to also reflect on what I have read as a means to convert the information I gain from reading into knowledge. Since my primary interest is in individual and organizational training and performance improvement, it is also useful for me to share that knowledge with others. Writing this blog presents me with a wonderful opportunity to do just that.


I named this blog "Edtec Student's Daily" because I started it while in my Master's program in Educational Technology at San Diego State University (SDSU). I used the spelling of "Edtec" rather than the more traditional spelling of "Edtech" because the Educational Technology department at SDSU uses Edtec. (I would strongly recommend their program to anyone interested in furthering their education.) I decided to keep the name afterwards because I hope to always be learning. Whether the frequency of my posts is daily, weekly, or even less frequent remains to be seen. However, I hope you will join me for the ride. Perhaps on occasion I will even come up with something interesting and useful.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

welcome back!